Tuesday, January 30, 2007

verse for the year

Luke 1:9 is my verse for 2007.

"...according to the custom of the priesthood, his lot fell to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord,"

Or Young's Literal Translation: "... his lot was to make perfume, having gone into the sanctuary of the Lord,"

I was praying about our youth ministry worship team, and that's what the Lord gave me ... not the whole verse, just the citation. I had to look it up. I was a little disappointed for a second, but then I read it again. What an honor that must have been to be divinely chosen to burn incense, make perfume, and bring worship before the Lord. Of course, we're all called to do that (Hebrews 13:15), but the Lord picks worship leaders (and I don't mean just me, I mean our whole little team). I guess it was a nice confirmation for me: He's chosen us for this in this hour.

So I shared this with the team, and we're working our ways through a devotional on humility and servanthood. I'm believing this is going to do good things in all of us.

Yesterday I got the call. THE call. I got the job I inquired about last week. It's going to be quite a little pay cut, but I just know it's the Lord. It's also going to mean Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons off for the most part, which is too amazing for words. I've been thinking about what I can do with the time ... more recently I've been praying about what to do with the time (it's not mine anyway, right?). Luke 1:9 keeps coming back to me. I think this is it.

Revelation 5:8//Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

soo cool, lex. i'm so glad you got the job. congratulations!! also, those are amazingly cool devotionals. thanks for sharing them with me. good stuff. i'm so glad to be working with you in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, woman of God!