Thursday, January 11, 2007

last night

Last night was a blast and a half. Also a revelation on how old I am. How old am I?

1. A new friend is an event. When you don't spend everyday surrounded by hundreds of like minded peers (i.e. college), the chances of meeting someone that you actually get along with drop significantly. Erin is new, and I hope she sticks around.

2. It was 11pm when we left church to get food. I didn't get to bed until after midnight and was dead tired when I did. I fell asleep thinking, "Why did I do this to myself? I have to be up in five hour ... zzzz."

Highlights:

We left church after some good worship/prayer time - mostly in regard to Holy Spirit breaking through all the religious garbage in the western church. It's a common Wednesday night worship time theme because it's always on my heart and no one steps up to the prayer mic to redirect my attention. Where do you go at 11pm after some good prayer time in Elgin/Algonquin, Illinois? Denny's.

I like hanging out with Titus because he keeps the conversation focused on Christ all the time. I try, and sometimes forget, but that guy is always on. Always. We all talked about what we've been learning lately, and in the process taught ourselves and each other. I casually mentioned that Timothy and I recently invested in an Omega becuase neither one of us is ready.

Titus: "For Jesus to come back, you mean?"
Me: "Ya."
Titus: "Ya."

Quiet. It was one of those cinematic, pensive silences wherein we all calculated our standing before the soon-coming King and our position to withstand the most trying times ... not only withstand but lead others to Christ in the midst of it.

Later that evening ...

On the way home I got pulled over becuase I have a headlight out. The officer was very graceful in relinquishing what he probably though was a warning about a headlight and a ticket for an expired plate. I showed him the bulb I'd bought on my lunch break, and explained that as dumb as it sounds someone pulled the sticker off my plate and if he checks my registration he'll see I'm all up to date. He conceeded and it ended well for me.

I flipped my turn signal on and looked over my shoulder to pull away from the curb. I eased off the clutch, glanced in my mirror as the officer walked back to his car, and just as I started to drive away - I kid you not - the left headlight on the squad car blinked out. Mua ha ha.

1 comment:

I Ravish His Heart said...

hey i tried that headlock thing on caelob and it didn't work... I HAVE A BLOG!!!! its iravishhisheart@blogspot.com