Friday, January 05, 2007

just faith


I think I'm coming to a very simple faith. I don't want to debate the existance of God, or the diety of Christ, because He's just true and if you're determined to argue about it then I'm not going to convince you anyway. I'm more than happy to quote every scripture verse I know at someone, but I'm done with the rest because it's dumb.

Every day there's just more and more of it. You can't go anywhere or post anything anywhere or represent Christ in any way without getting cussed out and/or accused of being intolerant, sexist, homophobic, war mongering, etc. I used to get all upset, but now I pray and give 'em a Bible verse before moving on. I'm sure it won't be long now before all the little anti-Christs realize their error anyway.

Brian Zahnd gave a great message a couple weeks ago called What About Doubt? He tells of asking his family one morning, "Why do you believe in God?" The answer (the only correct answer, he suggests) his son gave was, "Because it's true." He also talks about the futility to trying to prove God's existance, because to prove something's existance you compare it to something greater ... and nothing is greater than God.

So there.

And for the out-of-towners: Timothy and I are doing well. The thing that has been taking up a lot of my prayer time is this summer's trip to India. There's a need for the female half of the leadership team, and I've been invited, so that ups the ante a little more. The problem is work: it's two weeks, and I get two weeks vacation. I might be able to take a leave of absence, but I don't know if I can do that and still get vacation (because Timothy and I really need a vacation this year) or if I'll have a job when I get back (not that I'd be upset, but the money is good). The Lord won't speak on it as clearly as I'd like Him too, and an answer is needed. Keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so real for me too, I have had the privelage of witnessing to many Jews and muslims, and let me tell you they love to argue, and they are pretty good at it. what i realized though is that even though i can bring them to a point where they have to concede Jesus is the Truth all I have done is broken their logic upset their mind and NOT pierced their spirit which is what is necessary for a true lasting conversion experience.