Wednesday, January 24, 2007

anger

I got a strange email yesterday. I don't know if you remember this guy, but he randomly posted a very immature comment after my applauding a youth group (in Florida, I think?) for standing up for decency. I don't know this guy, and hadn't electronically communicated with him in any fashion for a month. Yesterday I got this:
Science cannot fail. It doesn't try to explain anything. It is just a logical tool.

I ain't angry, I'm merely overwhelmingly contemptuous of your inability to face the reality of your imminent permanent extinction.

Actually, I am angry that your type tells everybody what to do all the time. Leave us alone to live our lives, while you waste yours dreaming of winged sky people burning bushes on mountains.

I have a college degree in biology. What have you got? Shadows in a cave. Tardwad.
This is depressing: people live like this day to day. Overcome with anger for people they don't know for reasons that don't concern them at all (because I didn't approach him - I merely responded to his outburst). What must be the condition of a heart that could be "overwhelmingly contemptuous" of someone else's hope and faith?

2 Timothy 3:1-4//But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God ...

I could give pointed rebuttal, but as stated some weeks ago: I'm not really interested.

2 Timothy 2:3//But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.

I will exort the reader to prayer for this guy (I think his name is Peter), and I will answer his question: peace.


Okay, okay. And I will post a nifty little Battle Cry video.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Short but to the point. I dig it. Though I thought the beginning was uber Cheesy.




YOUR HUBBY.

Anonymous said...

hubbalicious, though, Timothy? funny. i can't watch the vid yet, as pastor is even now trying to convince me (with very LOUD audible evidence) that the sound quality of songs downloaded from iTunes is far inferior to those downloaded from this other, possibly illegal he thinks, site)...okay. this has been going on for MANY minutes. but *snaps out of it* good blog, Lexi. and i love that scripture in 1 Tim. a good reminder for me. praise God.