Tuesday, January 29, 2008

productivity is a relative term

I got sucked into a web of URL links yesterday evening. Now I really want one of these bags:

Alchemy Goods makes bags and wallets (and zipper pulls) out of recycled bicycle material. This one is recycled inner tubes (and a recycled seatbelt, which is not from a bicycle, but that's okay). Their stuff's a little pricey, but it's made in the USA.

I'm also eyeballing one of these monster coin purses from stitchpixie. Word has it they're the perfect size for iPod Nanos too.

Cuuuuuuute. And more in my price range than the bag.

I'm not really one for jewelry, but handmade julz makes some pretty snappy stuff. I dig 'em, but I'd save my allowance for the bag first.

Shawn Parks makes some nifty bags too. He does a couple different sizes, and he makes them out of that orange fencing that is supposed to keep you out of construction sites ... or is it snow fencing? They're cool bags either way.

When we have kids someday, they'll be decked out in lots of homemade gear, but probably this stuff too:


From sky&boat. They make a cute brontosaurus one too.

And is anybody else on Twitter? I'd been avoiding it for months, but I hear more and more about it every day. I set up my cell phone this morning. Let me know if you're rockin' it so we can hook up.

That is all.

2 comments:

The Academy Against Apathy said...

Fantanstic.

Anonymous said...

Those necklaces are pretty sweet. The skirts from sky&boat have my approval.