Thursday, June 22, 2006

Without a Vision ...

Everyone always knows what they want to be when they grow up. It changes a lot, especially when you're very young, but there's always something. Except me. I was always the one who had no idea. My senior year of high school I applied to one school because they sent me information and told me it was free to apply; I was accepted and went as a music major because I knew I could do music. No idea.

Christians are the same way. It seems like everyone knows what office he or she is called to, and in a lot of cases its just obvious which ones are worship leaders, evangelists, pastors, etc. (I know "worship leader" isn't in 1 Cor. but it's a necessary office just the same.) I never had any idea. I love music, but sometimes just really want to preach ... No idea.

So I'd been praying for a vision. I love that the Lord can answer prayer sometimes and we don't even see it happening. I have two now, or at least two clear pieces of the puzzle He created in me. Praying for vision or direction is kind of a double-edged sword. On the one hand you know you need to have a vision for your life - His vision for your life - but then when He tells you it can be extremely intimidating. You have to step into it, though, because you asked for it. Glory to Jesus - that's the point of all of this silliness anyway.

No comments: