Tuesday, December 11, 2007

wow

It's 4:55 and I'm trying to finish this chapter before I shut down my computer at work. I've been, of course, working three jobs from the office in Crystal Lake today as usual, and am just at the point where I cannot wait to be out of the internet's reach.

I'm reading a relatively interesting book on church leadership (and I can say "relatively" 'cause I've read lots ... at the architecture office, not the church office, which I just realized is ironic), and the following sentence just set me free from my afternoon:

"When leaders experience resistance, they know that they are actually exercising leadership."

Of course you can exercise leadership without being resisted, the author is merely suggesting that being resisted doesn't make you a bad leader.

It inspired a little sigh of relief in me this evening. I'm going home now.

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Oh, I've experienced that before...a lot! = )