Wednesday, December 19, 2007

hippies and bass guitars

So Jason and Cassandra came to visit Monday night. They left Tuesday morning for Arizona, and then they're back in Washington. It's strange how you get used to being without people, and then when they come back you remember how you never wanted them to leave in the first place.

We saw pictures of their trip last summer to Jerusalem. Made me want to go even more than I already do. We rebutted by showing pictures from TheCall and India, but it wasn't quite the same. Round one went to the hippies.

Although Jason's not really a hippie anymore because - as you can see below - he's got Timothy's hairdo.

For those of you who were blessed enough to meet them when they lived in Wisconsin a year and a half ago: they're doing well. They still love youth ministry (although Jason likes Jr. High better, and Cassandra prefers high schoolers), and are doing a Christian camp every summer. They're living with a nice couple in Washington who are hiring them out, apparently, to renovate bathrooms. We saw pictures of that too; they're pretty good at it.

Casandra trying to pack according to O'Hare's regulations.


Jason brushing his teeth.


Awwww.


Cassandra's gorgeous dreads.



And yours truly got an early Christmas gift from her amazing husband last night:


He snuck it into practice and put it up on the guitar stand so when I turned around (after he told me a billion times to tune up), there it was! My new bass!

It looks good on me.

5 comments:

The Academy Against Apathy said...

I am so happy for you, it really is a quality bass. You're so cool. The look on her completely unexpecting face was priceless folks. It sat on the stand for a good 15 minutes due to the fact that she was completely preoccupied despite my commands to "tune up". She even sat right next to it! It was Har-larious.

When she finally reached over to grab the bass (the back was facing her) her arm got about half way there when she suddenly shuddered and drew back exclaiming "What is that?!" I shrugged, and gave a really vague mmmmmidunnoknow look.
couldn't have been been.

The Academy Against Apathy said...

Better

I Ravish His Heart said...

Yeah, Priceless, but wait till you folks see the strap...

Lex said...

Oh ya. I totally meant to post the strap too but I was taking pics real quickly on my lunch break yesterday. *suspense*

Tami said...

hurray!!!! you finally got your bass. my favorite part is the cute fret board markers. :)