Monday, December 17, 2007

prayer

I've been praying a lot more lately. I mean a lot.

I read that story a second time. You know - the one that is so un-literary I have to try not to be offended at the poor language, but at the same time has so helped prop open my spiritual eyes. You can download it for free here.

It's inspired me to pray in tongues more. Driving is my designated pray-in-tongues time, and I drive a lot. I've also gotten into the habit of praying in tongues when I'm home alone, and when I'm working on mundane tasks at the office. It's only been a couple weeks, but it's amazing.

(And can I just say that tongues is the strangest thing ever. It doesn't make any sense at all, but I dig it.)

I think its starting to affect the rest of my prayer life. I've been able to sit in prayer (normal, I-understand-what-I'm-saying prayer) for longer than ever, and I'm getting some acute focus from time to time.

Like yesterday. Timothy and I were wrapping up the after-church nap and I had this crystal clear, techni-color, make-my-heart-pound dream. I woke up and spent about an hour praying for Africa.

Holy Spirit is so cool.

No comments: