Sunday, October 21, 2007

ready set go

We had been secretly planning to take over the youth ministry anyway, I just didn't think it would happen so quickly.

Word is out: the times they are a changin'. The Lord has something new for the Krauss family and something new for Switch (me). We made the big announcement Friday night, but I haven't stopped thinking about it for about a week now.

I've never - never - laid awake at night thinking about something. You see it all the time in movies, and I know some people who are way too involved with their work that tell me they do it but I've never had that problem. Sometimes I've even wished I had that problem; I've tried to have that problem because I run out of time to brainstorm. My midnights are pretty open, so ... It's never worked, though, until this week.

And then I came to my senses and decided the first thing to do is pray about stuff. I sat down to pray the other day and didn't even know where to begin. Seriously.

All I've come to is that I have to watch Holy Spirit. A month ago, I probably could have told you that, sure: as someone is moved to different levels of authority and responsibility, said person needs to better be able to hear from God. You need to watch Him, and go where He's going. It's amazing how, with anything, lessons lived are more difficult and more effective than lessons taught.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm excited for you lex, you have such amazing insight and wisdom. you're right, about life lessons, but you have a gift for articulating those lessons to help us lay peeps understand and apply. change is good. love and bunches of hearts. G

Anonymous said...

its about time you took over... :)

The Academy Against Apathy said...

anybody in leadership IE Paster Hoban Or Tim Krauss want to give me a call and let me know what my role in this is would really appreciated. I heard 2 different versions from 2 different mouths. And i'm kinda discouraged at all of this. MY PHONE NUMBER IS KNOWN AMONG YOU ALL FEEL FREE TO USE IT AND DON'T TEXT ME.