Friday, September 28, 2007

YouVersion

Whoa. LifeChurch.tv launched YouVersion Beta last night. It calls itself a "revolutionary online Bible that enables community and collaboration like never before." I might concur.

Unlike other online Bible resources, this one is your Bible online. You create an account (which is more simple than most websites that want you to create an account), so everything you do is saved. You can star and tag passages and verses, and you can keep an on-line journal that only you can see.

My favorite part is the "Community" tab. You can select a passage and share your thoughts in simple text, or post a link to an external site, image, or video. When I click on Psalm 139:14, for example, I get links to two videos and a note by Matthew Henry.

There are some quirks that look like they need ironing out. The "My Version" tab doesn't seem to be working yet, and the filter options on each tab are in a color that makes them really hard to read. My computer at the office is not the fastest, but this program is moving really slowly. And, this may be my computer, but the links in the upper right-hand corner don't seem to go anywhere at all.

The KJV comes up by default, but if you click on the translation you can change it. There are a half-dozen options available.

All in all - pretty stinkin' nifty.

2 comments:

Nathaniel Dame said...

holy stinkin' cow. this is awesome!!

Tami said...

i think my favorite compulsive adjective is spreading - "stinkin." :)