Wednesday, March 14, 2007

it snowed yesterday

It probably snowed somewhere, in fact I know it did because I chased down a lion and killed it. There were no pits nearby, so I chased it into a 24-hour chain restaurant. The padded booth did the job.

I'd been thinking about Benaiah. One of the churches I've been researching at work is National Community Church in D.C. (I know, that name kind of sounds odd, "national community"). They meet in three different movie theathers in the D.C. area (sermons are pre-recorded and shown on the big screen). Not because they don't have money for a building; they don't want one. They're taking the gospel to the people and it's working very well. Their pastor, Mark Batterson, wrote a book called In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day. I thought that was kind of weird - to turn two pretty obscure verses into the subject of a book. Honestly, even after I read those two verses I wasn't all that impressed. I had been turning it over in my head for days, wondering why on earth it was such a big deal.

Greg explained Monday night, which was nice. If you weren't there, the answer is the same as it was Sunday night: perseverance. Or determination. Passion. Pick a noun, but you get the idea. Run headlong at your enemy, and don't be satisfied when he's trapped: jump in there and kill it.

See you tonight.

1 comment:

I Ravish His Heart said...

I loved that benaniah verse. It was awesome! I wish Brian Zahnd was preaching again, but he's not =(. I can't wait for tonight though because Loretta Roads is talking and with a name like that you have to be annointed.