Saturday, March 24, 2007

finally

It happened. What a great Switch meeting last night. I felt the presence of God like I'd been waiting to all of Faith Week. It was one of the most powerful experiences I have ever had with Him - top five for sure, and definately the most annointed I've ever felt on a stage. Wow. I started to cry, even. He's not a Faith Week God, not a Jay Fallon God, not even a Sunday morning God - He loves teenagers and He loves Friday nights. Keep the youth ministry in your prayers - we want encounters like that every weekend.

Actually - on a bit of a tangent here - I'd say the kids almost need encounters like that on Friday nights. You'd be amazed at some of the stuff the average 14 year-old goes through these days (if I can say that without sounding too old). Just last night one of our guys testified of how he was giving a speech in his Language Arts class about why evolution shouldn't be taught in schools (and we're proud of him for sticking his neck out there like that!), and his teacher stopped him - and then insulted his Bible. So there - pray for us and pray for them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no way! was that dalt?? i know he was going to be giving a creation speech.

I Ravish His Heart said...

Hey, Last night was awe-inspiring. I meant to tell you but yesterday before switch i was singing worship songs and i just prayed for the annointing to fall on switch that night and i could even feel the annointing come really, a lot, even when i prayed it. I knew that we were going to have an awesome, annointed night.
And of course He was there and it was noticeable. = )

Anonymous said...

Hi Lex:
Sowing and reaping! You have sowed prayer, worship, and the word in the youth, and now the anointing can come upon that seed and water it. The anointing comes upon The Word. He fills true worship. Prayer accesses heaven. What wonderful things. His love poured out by the Holy Spirit. I also believe that it is a confirmation to you about where he wants you to be. He is reminding you that he can be found in his perfect will, not just Faith Week. Anyway, just my thoughts.