Thursday, November 02, 2006

state of us

Timothy left this morning to experience Reinhard Bonnke at Word of Life Church's 25th anniversary in St. Joseph, Missouri. He's driving (it's almost nine hours) with his twin brother, Joe, whom he has never really had a relationship with. I'm excited - he's excited too - and praying that 18 hours of driving (with no CD player in the car) will be a time of healing and restoration for both of them.

And for me I'm just praying for time. I think I spent less than an hour alone with my Lord yesterday, and that kills me. I know there are bigger and better things for me than what I am currently experiencing, and deeper caverns of His heart that I can be familiar with. I'm sure there is more for me to do and be and understand, and I just hope I'm not behind. I don't want to be late and I don't want to miss anything, but it seems impossible right now: 45 hour work week, two worship teams, an apartment and husband to take care of ... I can do all things through Christ, right? Maybe I can just quit sleeping.

3 comments:

Pete said...

Hey Lexy, check out my blog comments (under the original posting) if you want to see what I think of the search for meaning (as opposed to reason, which is what the post was about). I know you'll forgive the flame.
BTW, your leaders are a bunch of child molesting, gay, wife-cheating perverts and we know it. You're losing Congress this week Lexy.

Lex said...

Of course. Because every president is just like Bill Clinton, and every Pakistani is a terrorist too.

1 Timothy 3:2-7 >> A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Ezekiel 34:10-11 >> This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against the shepherds and will hold them accountable for my flock. I will remove them from tending the flock so that the shepherds can no longer feed themselves. I will rescue my flock from their mouths, and it will no longer be food for them. 'For this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them.

And I find it hard to believe I'm losing Congress given the fact that I've never been in Congress. Despite the vain attempt to attack me with the current political environment, we all know that Congress (and politics in general) will become more and more anti-Christ.

Psalm 2: 2 & 4 >> The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together against the LORD and against His Anointed One. (4) The One enthroned in heaven laughts; the Lord scoffs at them.

Jesus isn't worried about America's Congress, and neither am I.

Anonymous said...

um...........i'm not a child molesting, gay, wife- (husband-) cheating pervert.