Monday, April 16, 2007

be healed!

My dad and I went to my grandparents' last night to see their new puppy. Not the cutest puppy ever, but still cute. She's a corgi. (Timothy calls them Hobbit dogs because they're so short ... because they have no shins.)

When I walked in, I went over to give my grandma a hug where she was sitting in her living room chair. She kissed me on the cheek and then, with one hand rubbing her leg, asked, "Can you heal my knee?"

"No," was my clever reply. "But I know a Guy."

She had blown out her knee over the winter and it never fully healed. So I laid a hand on her knee and commanded healing according to God's word. In retrospect, I should have asked her to stand on it right then, but I didn't. I know she's healed, though, because she believed and God's word is true.

The extra nifty thing - to me anyway - is that she asked, and she asked expecting it to work. I don't think I've ever talked to my grandma about healing, but I have talked to my parents. My sharp intellect and sleuth-like deductive reasoning skills thus lead me to believe that my stories, testimonies, and beliefs are being discussed when I'm not around. Taps fingertips together and narrows eyes: This is gooooood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it so reassuring to know that our life is a living testimony to those around us? That our faith is seen in the decisions we make and the things we stand for?
Thank God for His amazing grace poured out over our lives and through it to those that will see it.

There's a verse that says something like we are the sweet aroma of chocolate chip cookies to those that are hungry... well, Ok, not exactly. But still, thank God!

:) bianca

Anonymous said...

What she said :)