Wednesday, October 08, 2008

check this out

Twitter and RSS have been hoppin' this morning. Some of you know 'cause I've been emailing links all morning. I've decided to consolidate. Here's all the cool stuff I found out about this morning.

LifeWay Research is releasing a new book in April called Lost and Found: The Younger Unchurched and the Churches That Reach Them. You can download a sample here. It's mostly statistics, but the authors weave a story through it too. You get two installments of the story, and now I'm tempted to buy the book in April just 'cause I want to know how the story ends.

Chris Forbes has put together about 30 pages in a short book called
Facebook for Pastors. Pretty self-explainatory. It's definitely geared more toward those who haven't ever logged on to Facebook, but the beginning has some good stuff for church leaders who are already on Facebook (and it's a good tool to encourage Facebook-shy pastors you know). You can download the whole thing right here.

Found this video on Gizmodo:



It's not minatures. It's a real beach in Autralia. They explain (and give you another video) on the
blog. Pretty crazy.

And I couldn't help but click on a headline via one of my Tweeple that reads, "Bank robber hires decoys on Craigslist." You can get anything on the internet these days. I laughed in disbelief. Yes, he got away ... which may have been even more amazing than the decoys. You have to
read this.

Let me preface this next one with "I certainly don't believe everything I read on the internet." But
if this is true ... well, nothing. I'm not surprised and there's nothing for me to do about it. What's $400,000 in light of $700 billion, anyway? Pocket change.

So there. That's been my morning. Back to your regularly scheduled programming ...

1 comment:

Aaron said...

for sure a HD camera!
Great pictures.