Tuesday, August 21, 2007

no greater love

I'm going to halt the India testimonies. I'm working on a special issue of the zine that will tell it all, so you'll have to wait for that. Or buy me coffee and I'll spill (not the coffee ... haha).

In the meantime, the Lord answered a question I had a few months ago (while I was in India, but that's just a coincidence). I had been a little upset with Him for introducing sin. Adam introduced sin, ya ya - but if God hadn't said, "Don't" it wouldn't have been sin. You can re-read the whole post if you're not sure what I'm talking about.

I'd prayed fervently about it for probably a week, and while I felt like He spoke to me, it was such a heavy burden that I didn't want to speak too soon. The gentle answer that I felt in my spirit at the time was, "How else would you have ever known My love for you?" I thought about all the times I had ever been moved, humbled, or appalled at His love. Death can express love that words cannot.

The verse that came to me at the time was John 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." But, like I said, it's a serious matter so I hesitated to weigh in.

During our missionary quiet time last week I was reading Romans and I came to chapter 11, verse 32, "For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all."

Then I started to try to look at it from His side. How much must it hurt Him, after He's given everything, every time one of His children turns away forever? He knew before creation that many would, so why expose Himself to such pain? For the love of a few. Your love is worth it. Meditate on that for a minute.

No comments: