Tuesday, August 28, 2007

let go!

It is so hard for me to let go of stuff - in terms of releasing my cares to God and trusting Him to take care of it. Especially people. I'm losening the death-grip on our finances, but people that I feel at least in part responsible for are hard. I have this mother hen complex that I'm trying to rebuke.

The real problem is that most of those I feel at least in part responsible for are teenagers, and teenagers are all over the place. Even the ones that are relatively stable and rooted - and we have several of those at Switch - can be all over the place.

Pastor has given me great advice, at least twice, without my even soliciting it. He seems to know that someone needs to remind me to pray for and with them, and then submit them to God and go home without them. Good advice. Difficult advice.

'Cause it kills me when they do stupid things. Not when they mess up, because everyone messes up and those we can get over pretty simply. It's when they deliberately do things that they know are beneath them. Do I sound like a mom right now, or what? I'll stop.

I guess this is a prayer request, then. I need to be able to commit them to God's faithful hands and not mull over their spiritual conditions at 1:30 in the afternoon while I'm at work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how many times have I needed reminding that I am not Mr. Holy Spirit. I think that I do the Holy Spirit's job really well, but come to find out...He is so much better at conviction than I am; so much better at knowing the right time; pretty much better at everything. But when I know that I know that I know, then its good. Does this make sense?
Mike I.

11101100 said...

I agree Mike. God can accomplish much more by conviction and revelation from the Father than Titus can by saying something from himself (John 7:18).

KnowYourGod said...

It is one of the great challenges of parenthood, to let go and "let" your child make a mistake you know if going to hurt them. Sometimes allowing them to fall and hurt themselves is the only way for them to learn. We will be praying for God's Grace to release those situations. and Wisdom to know when.