Friday, August 18, 2006

Pray Without Ceasing

I just want to pray ... b/c I just want to be with Him. I don't want to go to work, and I don't want to clean my apartment. I just want to sit at His feet and listen to Him talk about whatever is on His heart to talk about.

A woman in our office got healed yesterday. It was an amazing miracle: swollen disc and a bone spur that was about to cause permanent nerve damage and perpetual pain. You know what, though? I don't even want to talk about it, because it's not as good as talking to Him. I love healing; I have a serious contention to move in that gifting that goes back to my days as a heathen. But healing is boring compared to His face.

Two weeks in India demonstrated the unmatchable power and love of my Lord, but signs and wonders are really starting to take their rightful (second) place in my heart. We know, and we say, that signs and wonders are to confirm or validate the gospel, but as a baby Christian these past two years I wonder if I hadn't made signs and wonders the gospel. We get really excited when a criple stands and walks in the name of Jesus, but when someone gets saved we kind of pat him on the back and say, "Good job." I think my heart is really starting to understand, and really starting to want more than simple miracles.


I, like I said, really want to move more in the gift of healing, but I'd give it all to someone else's faithful hands if it meant He'd encounter me in my quiet time - if I could walk with Him in the cool of every day.

1 comment:

KnowYourGod said...

what i find remarkable is how closely knit our Youth leadership is becoming, and not inasmuch as we are all buddy buddy though I pray that too, but God the Holy Spirit is truly doing a work in our hearts that can not be denied, and for me it is a blessing to read your blog and see some of my own thoughts.