Wednesday, February 28, 2007

more leeland

Okay, so I'm not head-over-heels about this band or anything, but this is cool for a variety of reasons:

The YouTube note on it says, "Performing inside a Chick-Fil-A because the show was rained out."

First of all, Chick-fil-A is a chain of fast food restaurants (whose claim to fame has been - you guessed it - chicken sandwiches) in the south. I'd never heard of them. Their official statement, as quoted on the front page of the website partly states, "to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A." Cool.

So I love ... and I spent many of my developmental years surrounded by bad to mediocre bands performing in pizza joints, skating rinks, and basements so if all this sounds foreign to you just know I'm not crazy. There are people out there who need this, really.

So I love that when the show got rained out, they just plugged in a guitar and a mic for the lead singer and let him worship in the fast food restaurant. Come on - that's cool. He probably didn't have a monitor set up, and probably felt relatively alone without the other four band members.

I also like the crowd. There's a toddler just behind him jumping around, there are several middle-aged women singing along, the guy behind him is his brother I'm told, there's the older guy in a suit and tie directly in the field of vision. As the little camera moves you see people of all ages ... worshipping Jesus in a chicken joint. What's not to love?

No comments: