Wednesday, March 19, 2008

decent

And in the midst of it all I think I'm supposed to be learning how to rest in Him.

Because there may never be rest in anything else. Until He comes back and He is all there is, there will always be turmoil. There will always be unrest. Wars and rumors of wars. Unsatisfied longings and vacant desires. Wars and rumors of wars within me.

Because there is a part of me that seeks harmony.
Between body and spirit, flesh and Blood.
Between me and Love. Wars and rumors of
wars within me, but do not fear, He says.


Rest. Watch and wait and rest.

Because we are to be like men who wait for their Master. We are not to grow weary. And in the midst of anticipation and hesitation, uncertainty and disharmony, I am to rest.

Because what greater faith is there than this? That the wind and the seas roar around me and I stand in the midst of it because my eyes are focused on Him. All He requires is my unwavering gaze and He makes the waves firm beneath me.