Tuesday, July 17, 2007

bicycle

The Inghams let me come over last night and play bike shop in their garage. I wish I had before and after pictures to post, because the rims on that blue Schwinn look brand stinkin' new.

We got home rather late and my cutie husband made a comment about his cool wife that fixes bikes. He asked why I like it so much and I didn't know what to say. "Relaxing?" He suggested. I shrugged, not really. I get really frustrated many times when a brake set refuses to hold tension for no good reason.

I left work twenty minutes ago - foresaking lunch in the office for my sanity - to get tea and an internet connection, and realized why I like bicycles. Ready? They're simple.

Even when something goes wrong for no reason I can completely tear the thing apart and put it back together to make it work. Most of the time, though, even considering a dozen different styles that have changed over time, they're pretty basic.

I need simple once in a while.

13 comments:

Loretta said...

Hmm. You are "simply" cute Lex. We love you!
Loretta
PS. Thanks for fixing our bikes.

I Ravish His Heart said...

Lame... I am not even on your blogger link... lame. I like bies too.

Tami said...

I want a bike. actually, both kinds. one that pedals and one that vrooms. :D

Anonymous said...

thanks for make our sweet bikes sweet. I don't want anyone to touch them now 'cause they are so nice. Mike I.

The Academy Against Apathy said...

I think tami and I should start a biker gang.

Anonymous said...

Napoleon Dynamite: Sweet Bike!
Shocks!Pegs! Lucky!
Pedro: Do you think people will vote for me?
Napoleon Dynamite: Heck yes! I'd vote for you.
Pedro: Like what are my skills?
Napoleon Dynamite: Well, you have a sweet bike. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache.

Lex said...

... I think Bill wants Mike Ingham to grow a mustache?

Tami said...

I'm in, Timothy. We have to come up with a gang name, though, for our jackets. Harley-rific.

God's Love Changed Everything said...

Ok, the COOLEST part of having a bike is riding it to sunny, warm places... like Myrtle Beach!! You don't want to come down during Bike Week, trust me, BUT you could start a way COOLER bike week in August!
I'll get a bike, too! :)

bianca

Loretta said...

Wow! This whole bike thing is getting to be fun. I'm glad we have bikes now. I'll take a picture and post it..k?

Lex said...

I was in a bike gang once. We were the Bike Panthers and we had silly denim vests that we tended to like eight-year-old girls tend to brownie sashes. Tami, can I be in you bike gang? I have experience and mad skills.

Tami said...

you gots crazee mad skillz, mon amie. and jes. JES, jou can definitely be een the gang. the best, i think, would be pointed-hemmed denim VESTS. so completely embarrassing...which is what would make them so cool. maybe acid wash? tie dyed? i'm thinking we'd have to sew them ourselves, however; because I don't think we'd find them in even the best of resale shops. hmm...a name...a suitable name...

hey, and i got me a classic red trike i'd like you to fix one day...no hurry. (i'm deadly serious - easy fix, most likely.)

The Academy Against Apathy said...

how bout the NO COAST DAGGERS
Or DRAGONS OF THE NO COAST
OR MIDWEST MILITIA huh? huh?